Thursday, January 8, 2009

Easy Chicken

The other night I was digging through the freezer trying to come up with something for supper. I found a lone chicken breast (although it was big enough for two!), and decided to cook it up. All I did was put some olive oil in a skillet. I added some freshly cracked pepper and salt in the oil, then put the chicken breast in...yes, still frozen!

I let it brown on one side, then flipped it over to brown on the other. I covered the pan and let it cook until it was done, adding a little more oil when the pan became a little dry. I dipped the chicken in some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. It was so moist doing it this way! Next time I will add some Herbes de Provence with the salt and pepper.

As far as sides to serve with this, anything will work! I was going to make some sweet potatoes to go with it, but I didn't have marshmallows (I know, I didn't HAVE to have them, but it sounded so good!). Instead I had cottage cheese with peaches and some carrot/veggie chips with ranch dressing.

I actually finished the other half of the chicken breast last night (like I said, it was big enough for two!). I just warmed it in the microwave and dipped in the BBQ sauce again. It was still moist this time around, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment