Ok, so I know this isn't a really healthful recipe, but it is so yummy! I got the recipe from another cooking demo this morning. A good snack for all those Super Bowl parties! This will make about 40 (or more).
1 lb. Little Smokies
1 lb. Bacon
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground thyme
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap a sheet pan in aluminum foil, then line with a piece of parchment paper. (The foil makes clean-up easy, and the parchment paper keeps the smokies from sticking.)
2. Drain little smokies on paper towels (the brand I used didn't need it, but some out there are quite wet when you take them out of the package).
3. Cut bacon slices into thirds.
4. Wrap each little smokie with a cut slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
5. In a ziploc bag, combine brown sugar, pepper and thyme. Shake 3-4 wrapped smokies in the sugar at a time. Place on the baking sheet, making sure not to crowd too much.
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until bacon is as crisp as you like it.
* These can be made ahead and kept covered in the refrigerator until ready to be baked.