**This is a recipe that you can make ahead**
4 frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts
½ cup of light zesty Italian dressing
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
2 cans diced green chilies
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained (optional)
1 large tomato, diced (or more if you love tomato)
2 tsp cumin (or more to taste)
8-10 whole wheat tortillas (Taco-sized Mission brand)
Salsa - for topping
In the morning, place whole chicken breasts in crockpot. Pour ½ cup of the Italian dressing over it and cook on low for 4-6 hours. When it is done, it should easily shred. Take chicken out and shred/cube it. See instructions below when time to prepare the dinner.
At Dinner Time:
Preheat oven to 400°.
1. In large pot, sauté onion in a tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and green chilies.
3. Reduce heat to med-lo and add the cooked shredded/cubed chicken, can of drained black beans and diced tomato.
4. Add cumin and salt to your desired taste.
5. Measure the correct amount of meat/bean mixture (size of your palm).
6. Place meat/bean mixture on a tortilla.
7. Roll into a chimichanga. Fold in the sides first and then roll it.
8. Place on greased (Pam sprayed) cookie sheet and bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until crisp.
9. Remove from oven, top with salsa and enjoy!
Other toppings could include: cheese, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, olives, etc.
Could substitute Rotel tomatoes for the fresh tomato and chilies.