Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Individual Microwave Mug Cakes

I got this recipe from a potluck we had where I live. It's so much easier than the other microwave cakes I've seen.

Ingredients:

1 angel food cake mix (type that says "just add water")
1 cake mix (any flavor of your choice...I've made chocolate, red velvet, and strawberry...I need
options!)

Directions:

Mix both mixes together and store in a Ziploc bag or other container.

To make a cake, put 1/3 cup of mix in a coffee mug (safe for the microwave). Add 3 tablespoons of water and mix.

Cook on 100% power for 1 minute (I've found the red velvet takes a little longer...just make sure the cake looks dry and not wet on top).

Flip cake onto a plate and fill mug with water (makes it easier to clean up).

Cake can be served plain or topped however you like it.

Possible toppings: caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, frosting, ice cream, etc.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That recipe looks great! I'm a big fan of microwave mug cakes. In fact, I've just published a book called "101 Recipes for Microwave Mug Cakes." You might be interested in visiting my site, www.microwavemugcakes.com. You'll find a recipe there for a Blueberry Muffin Microwave Mug cake. That's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried this, and it tasted wonderful! I've been hooked on the "Warm Delights", and I find this new alternative to be a fraction of the cost! Thank you so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete