Friday, October 24, 2008

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
1 cup margarine
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream (I use 1 cup fat free plain or vanilla yogurt in place of the sour cream)
5 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Directions:

Mix it up and chill (the gal who gave me the recipe chills for 3 days! - I just chilled overnight). Roll out the batter, a bit thicker than you normally would for sugar cookies and cut out. I make sure to have extra flour on hand so it doesn't stick to everything. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes for small cookies. I remove them before they brown too much, otherwise the outside tends to get crunchy.

You can frost how you like. I used powdered sugar, milk and almond flavoring to make a glaze for the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment